Now featuring a 7-blade rounded diaphragm, high-grade multi-layer HD coating, and a slick high-class design, this ultra compact and lightweight wide-angle prime lens is the best travel companion yet. This lens is ideal for group shots, tight interiors, sweeping landscapes, as well as creative ‘get-closer-to-your-subject’ portraits. It is also equipped with “Quick Shift” Focus System for fast manual focusing in the AF mode, and its unique design incorporates high-grade aluminum construction, available in both black and silver models.
High-grade HD coating for exceptional image rendition
High-grade HD coating assures higher light transmittance and lower reflectance than conventional multi-layer coatings. Sharper, clear images free of flare and ghosting, even under adverse lighting conditions and backlight.
* HD stands for High Definition, and signifies the lens’s capacity to reproduce images that excel in transparency, definition, resolution and rendition.
Round-shaped diaphragm for beautiful out-of-focus rendition
Upgraded with a round 7 blades diaphragm at a wide aperture for optimal optic performance and gorgeous bokeh effects.
Premium quality of the Limited Lens-series
While inheriting the design concept of the Limited Lens series, these lenses were designed by combining a series of mechanical and numerical evaluations with human assessment of test-shooting samples to assure the ultimate in image reproduction. Their optical design has been optimized for digital photography to deliver sharp, clear images with outstanding contrast, even at the maximum aperture. In addition, their lens barrel, hood and cap are all made of a high-grade aluminum material, hand-machined for perfect proportions and beautiful texture.
Wide-angle equivalent to 23mm in the 35mm format with low distortion, ideal for group shots, tight interiors, sweeping landscapes, as well as creative ‘get-closer-to-your-subject’ portraits.
This lens features Extra-low Dispersion (ED) glass and a hybrid aspherical lens element for exceptional sharpness while minimizing chromatic aberration, ghosting and flaring.
The extremely compact and lightweight design also allows for the use of 49mm filters as well as circular polarizing filters for landscape photos.
- Equivalent to 23 mm in 35mm film format
- Extra low-dispersion ED lens elements for brilliant sharpness and saturated colours
- AL Aspherical element to reduce aberrations and provide crystal clear images
- Instant switching from autofocus to manual focus operation with Quick Shift focus system
- Super Protect coating of the front lens element for effective protection against dirt and finger-marks
- Aluminium Alloy
- Compact and lightweight